Tuesday 30 May 2017

"All I Want is Loving You and Music, Music, Music..."

That line comes from this song. The Team here at DeadFly Media loves music. We have music on all the time in the studio, in the car while on the way to and from clients. And it is something that we love to shoot whilst it's being played live and now write about for AntiHero Magazine!

We have some pretty different, eclectic musical tastes and are rather well-versed ( ba dum tish) in music history and trivia. So in an effort to get to know us better and to peek behind the curtain....we asked each other these questions about music.


Andy:

What was the 1st album you bought?

Tubular Bells – Mike Oldfield.  Our music teacher played it through in a lesson at school (I think he just wanted an excuse to play his new album all day as he did it for everyone) and I was amazed by it, so went out and spent some coin.






What was the 1st concert you attended?

Queen at Knebworth Park, London (supported by Big Country & Status Quo) in August 1986.  It was Queen's very last concert with Freddie, and absolutely fantastic.

What was the best concert you ever attended?

Marillion Convention Weekends in Port ZĂ©lande and Montreal 2013.  I was one of the featured contributing artists on their 17th studio album Sounds That Can’t Be Made, and I provided artwork for three tracks (Montreal / Sounds That Can’t Be Made & Invisible Ink) - and I can truly say that there is nothing which adequately describes the impact upon me when my images were a featured part of their visuals in their stage show.  An accolade shared by precious few, all incredibly talented and amazing artists. It was truly emotional, so incredibly memorable, and will always be a high point in my photography career.  



If you were stranded on a desert island what is the 1 album you'd want with you?
Only 1? Marbles by Marillion 



If you could create your own SuperGroup, who would be in it?

 Drums - Keith Moon.  Bass -  John Entwistle.   Guitar(s) - Steve Rothery and Gary Moore.  Harmonies & Backing vocals – The Blind Boys of Alabama and Ninet Tayeb.  Keyboards – Tony Banks   Vocals – Freddie Mercury


Claire:

What was the 1st album you bought?

The Partridge Family. I vividly remember being with my Mum in Towers department store in Quebec City and being given the choice between a long floral dress( it was the 70s we were all hippies!) and the album; I couldn't have both, I had to choose. And thus began my obsession with music.




What was the 1st concert you attended?

Technically it was the Irish Rovers at the Grand Theatre in Quebec City but rock concert would be either Cheap Trick at the Forum in Montreal. Robin Zander in that pink suit. Swoon. Or possibly the KISS one ( see below). Should have kept those ticket stubs!

What was the best concert you ever attended?

Kiss, Dynasty Tour, Montreal Forum in I think 1979. It remains the concert against which all others since have been measured. It was mind blowing. My folks drove me and my brother Mark the 2.5 hours from Quebec City to Montreal, gave us money to buy T-shirts and dropped us off, unchaperoned. Ears ringing and recounting every moment excitedly and probably incoherently to them when they picked us up, we drove to the Holiday Inn in Longeuil and spent the night. It was also important emotionally as we didn't have a lot of money and it was a big deal. Mark and I both included this when we spoke at our Dad's service when he passed away. 

Had my 16 year old self had any idea that this would happen...

As Andy included more than 1....Close 2nd would be Nine Inch Nails at the Air Canada Centre here in 2013 as it launched my 'music tourism' adventures ( globetrotting to see concerts) - that touring line up for Tension 2013 was phenomenal and included some astonishing effects and lighting.


NIN at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas


If you were stranded on a desert island what is the 1 album you'd want with you?

I have a feeling this answer would change depending on my mood....but right now I'd say Kiss Destroyer. 





If you could create your own SuperGroup, who would be in it?

I'm going with people still alive! Joan Jett, Luke Spiller (The Struts), Tom Morello on guitars, Tim Muddiman on bass, Ilan Rubin on drums. That was totally just people I love ; no idea how they'd sound together! LOL

So what about you? Comment below with your answers!

"Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment